David E. Kravitz
David E. Kravitz is a partner who focuses his litigation practice on construction, product liability, commercial transportation, premises liability and catastrophic injury cases. In his twenty-eight years of practicing law, he has tried dozens of jury trials to verdict on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in multiple state and federal courts, dozens of bench trials and more than 100 arbitration proceedings.
In 1996 alone, less than two years after being admitted to the bar, Mr. Kravitz tried six jury trials to verdict and conducted dozens of bench trials and arbitration proceedings on behalf of plaintiffs. In 2008, Mr. Kravitz tried a traumatic brain injury case in Brownsville, Texas in which he obtained a verdict on behalf of his client that was recognized as the verdictsearch.com national verdict of the week. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Kravitz was a partner at two of the most prestigious civil defense firms in Chicago which gives him a distinctive view of how to prosecute cases on behalf of plaintiffs and the understanding of what defense attorneys will try to do to defend those cases.
Other successes of note include obtaining multiple "not guilty" verdicts for defendants in traumatic brain injury cases, obtaining a "not guilty" verdict for a defendant in a case involving multiple herniated cervical discs and surgeries in which the plaintiff's attorney asked the jury for nearly $2 million, and obtaining a verdict in favor of a trucking company in a contribution lawsuit involving an underlying multi-million-dollar catastrophic injury case. He has argued numerous cases in the Illinois appellate courts including a victory involving a multi-million-dollar insurance coverage dispute. Mr. Kravitz's experience and background in corporate and business strategies gives him a competitive edge and insight into the opposing party's approach and the ability to maximize our clients' results.
Mr. Kravitz was admitted to practice in Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in 1994. He is a member of the trial bar for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and has been admitted pro hac vice in CA, FL, IN, IA, KS, LA, TX, WV and WI.
Areas Of Practice
- Construction Litigation
- Product Liability
- Commercial Transportation
- Premises Liability
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Illinois, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1994
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1994
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: Political Science
Presentations and Articles
- Oral Discovery Primer: Basic Skills for Taking Depositions and Presenting Witnesses in Illinois Litigation – article published for the IDC 2006 Basic Skills Course presented in Chicago, Illinois.
- Arbitrations in Cook County and the Collar Counties, or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Arb – recurring presentation more than a dozen times since 1999.
- The Associate’s Survival Guide – presentations 2014 - 2022.
- Deposing the Treating Physician, or: Everything I Always Wanted to Know About the Human Body but were Afraid to Ask – recurring presentation more than a dozen times since 1999.
- Addressing a Property Manager’s Risk for Premises Liability Cases – presented 2008.
- Premises Liability in Illinois – presented 2012.
- So You Got a Trial Date, Now What? – presented 2016.
- Venue, Jurisdiction and Forum Non-Conveniens – presented 2010.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member